|Medicats of Texas
medical, hospital and nursing careers
Search Texas Jobs
If you are in the healthcare industry as a nurse, doctor, dentist, specialist, medical technician, dental technician, and whether you live in: Amarillo, Lubbock, Fort Worth, Dallas, Plano, Waco, El Paso, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Laredo, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Beaumont, Port Arthur, or anywhere else in Texas, use Medicats of Texas for the best medical jobs.
If you're looking for other types of jobs in Texas try some of these links:
Tigerjobs of Texas.
Medical Related Jobs in Texas
Help wanted in San Antonio, TX
POSITION TITLE: Physical Therapist
DEPARTMENT: Physical Therapy
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
DRIVING CATEGORY: Driver
JOB SUMMARY: Performs clinical duties including evaluations, formulating a treatment plan and ensuring that all aspects of the treatment plan are carried out concurrent with the medical protocols established by The San Antonio Orthopaedic Group.
SUPERVISOR: Lead Physical Therapist
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- * Upon physician referral, the PT will perform an initial evaluation. An appropriate treatment plan will be developed with measurable goals and time frames.
- * PT will document treatment plan per documentation guidelines, this will include, but not limited to:
- * Documenting each treatment provided per session on the appropriate form, including exercises performed and providing the referring physician with written objective progress reports for each patient prior to physician recheck dates.
- * Verbal discussion with the referring physician about the patients case, as indicated. Verbal discussion is encouraged, but is not to take the place of written documentation of progress.
- * Full evaluation of the functional ability and progress of the patient.
- * Recommendations for the continuance or changes in the patient's therapy program, including recommended discharge from therapy.
- * On an ongoing basis, the PT communicates verbally with all medical providers regarding challenging patients and discusses appropriate diagnoses for referral to therapy as well as advances in the field.
- * Communicates on a regular basis with all therapy patients, setting expectations for return to function and emphasizing education and motivation for compliance with the established treatment plan.
- * Must be knowledgeable in billing for treatments conducted per insurance carrier specifications.
- * Knowledgeable for best demonstrated practices and the development of specific quality indications used to measure them, of the factors that impact those quality indications, and the methods to improve the quality indications.
- * Coordinate with the Lead Therapist to keep missed appointment rates within acceptable ranges by using the system that the center has in place to follow up on missed appointments the same day.
- * Participates with the Lead Therapist in the evaluation of the capital equipment and staff needed so that the center may fulfill its rehabilitation responsibilities in therapy.
- * Establishes and promotes clear lines of communication between therapy and other TSAOG employees.
- * May be asked to assist the Lead Therapist with the coordination of the center's therapy staff schedules to ensure efficient productivity while meeting client needs.
- * May be asked for input to assist the Lead Therapist with evaluation of the performance of all therapy technician staff, PTA's on an annual basis.
- * Has the option to participate in clinical instruction of university physical therapy and/or physical therapist assistant students on an as-interested basis.
- * Must be familiar with rules and regulations established by the relevant licensing, certification and accrediting bodies. The PT must monitor and ensure compliance with the rules and regulations promulgated by these bodies.
- * Promotes, supports and engages in projects and activities that will develop or improve orthopaedic services and overall teamwork within the centers.
- * Participates in professional continuing education relevant to the TSAOG patient population.
- * Will acquire professional continuing education hours in accordance with the requirements set forth by the State of Texas.
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy. Licensed in State of Texas.
EXPERIENCE:On the job training to new hires, orthopaedic therapy experience required.
SKILLS:Manual therapy skills, decision making, leadership and good communication skills, both orally and written required..
ABILITIES:Ability to communicate effectively. Must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships. Must be able to assist patients on tables and equipment..
OTHER: Other duties to be assigned as necessary and may vary at times, as needed by your immediate supervisor or as directed by the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged sitting, stretching, and some bending. Requires eye hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopies, telephone, and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information to patients and team members. Normal but fast-paced work environment.
Visit our medical store. Click Here
Like to Shop Online?
We recommend these online stores.
The Atlanta Mall - Great online shopping.
The City Malls - Gifts and collectables
The Jacksonville Mall - Shop online.
The Orlando Mall - Online shopping superstore.
If you have a web site specific to Texas, and want to trade links place this link on the page of your choice:
Title: Medicats of Texas
Description: Medical careers in Texas
E-mail us your link information in the same format, and let us know where we can find ours.
Austin Texas - Find service providers in the local Austin area. If you need work done, read what our experts have to say. Read reviews and chat with other Austin Texas Businesses.
Austin Apartments - Finding Austin area apartments on our site is easy and pays you up to $500 cash back via rebate. We provide you all apartment information, Instantly, with out signing up. Search our database for FREE.
Austin Real Estate - Austin's premier, full service real estate brokerage. Proudly serving the greater Austin metropolitan area and the surrounding counties.
Dallas Fort Worth Computer & Network Support - Providing professional network support and computer IT support to businesses of all sizes. PCX Technologies is fast, affordable and 100% reliable. Better and cheaper than having your own IT department.
Austin Apartment Locators - No fee, great service. New home sales in Austin Texas. Austin Texas free apartment locating services, sales of houses, condos, townhomes and much more.
Austin Maids, House Cleaning Services - Leader in healthy home cleaning! Serving Austin, Texas area. Our Healthy Touch Deep Cleaning System includes 22 quality tasks to remove more dirt & contaminants than any other cleaning system.
Lapband Dallas - Advanced Lap-Band Surgery Center of Dallas specializes in the Lapband surgery and long-term patient management to help our patients take control of their obesity and regain their health.
Texas Spine Surgery - MISI in Texas is a pioneer in minimally invasive laser spine surgery procedures.